Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TA-DA!!! ... Memories & Exciting News To Share ...

Memories of yore ~
I was probably a mere 9 or 10 years old. I went to St. Joseph's with Patsy Ann (a cousin) for Thanksgiving Bingo. Mother was so worried about not having money for food that year & as we played Bingo for my first time officially I got a BINGO but didn't know what to do so, I tapped Patsy Ann & said 'I have a Bingo, I think' ... she went bonkers yelling BINGO & embarrassed me to death ... I WON A HAM & we had meat for dinner ... Mother was so surprised, I got a hug. Patsy Ann won something, too, but I don't remember what.

Do pop over for a visit. Due to glitches on Feedsack Fantasy & Blushing Rose Boutique (this blog) we are now visible at this new blog. We invite you to 'follow us' once again ~ ~ we are now @ www.blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com ~ ~

10 comments:

  1. How funny!
    And don't you just love "blog issues"?
    Hey, thank you so much for your recent visit to my blog and for sharing all about your life!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice story. I am glad you had a happy thanksgiving then and wish you a wonderful one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great childhood memory and testimony of God's goodness! I remember Thanksgivings and Christmas mornings with no money or gifts, but the Lord somehow always provided a wonderful meal...those were wonderful times!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to have happen! Love stories like that. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun times!! Love those memories!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. BINGO! God knew you needed a ham. You and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the trimmins!

    God bless ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny. Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessed story! Thanks for sharing that special memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your "special memory". It was so vivid, I could feel your Mom's angst and worry, your uncertainty upon getting a Bingo, and your embarrassment at being right next to a "center of attention" - your Aunt screaming, "Bingo".

    ReplyDelete